Need to initiate a Romanian visit visa application with the Romanian consulate abroad? Apply for your Romanian visit visa (type C/VV) using our super-helpful guide below. This is a simple-to-follow guide for securing your Romanian short-term visit visa.
This guide is applicable to you, if you are national of a country for which the invitation letter approval procedure is not required prior to the visa application. Thus, if you are national of a country such as Philippines, Turkey, Russia, South Africa, Kazakhstan, Vietnam, Kuwait, Kenya, Qatar, Bolivia, Ukraine, Senegal, Rwanda, this guide is applicable to you.
Otherwise, if you are national of a country for which invitation letter approval is required (the list of those countries can be checked here; they are marked with a star sign (*)), please do not use this guide, as it will not be completely useful for you. Please use the following guides:
- Romanian visit visa for short term – the invitation letter approval procedure, and
- Short-term visit visa for Romania – step-by-step guide.
If you have difficulties in finding the correct guide applicable for your nationality, please feel free to contact us.
IMPORTANT: please read the important prerequisites detailed below before using this guide.
This Romanian visit visa application guide (visa symbol: C/VV) is applicable for nationals of countries such as: Philippines, Turkey, Russia, South Africa, Kazakhstan, Vietnam, Kuwait, Kenya, Qatar, Bolivia, Ukraine, Senegal, Rwanda.
This guide was customized by our immigration experts for applicants holding citizenship of any of the countries listed above. If the visa applicant has a different nationality, please look for the correct application guide on our website. Since the applicant has a different nationality, this guide may not be useful for his/her specific case.
- the visa can be obtained based on an invitation letter which must be issued by a Romanian citizen living in Romania, or by a foreign individual that is living in Romania and holds a valid Romanian residency permit;
- a Romanian visit visa for short stay allows you to entry the territory of Romania for a total stay, or stays, of maximum 90 days during any period of 180 days. If you need to stay in Romania for a longer period, you should apply for a long-term visa (which can be extended afterwards with a residency permit);
- this type of visa can be issued with one or with multiple entries;
- the applicant’s passport validity must exceed the validity of the requested visa by at least 3 months;
- among the countries whose citizens need a travel visa to enter Romania are also certain countries whose citizens must obtain approval of the Romanian Immigration Office on a special invitation letter, prior to applying for the visa. The list of those countries can be checked here. They are marked with a star sign (*).
Romanian visit visa application procedure (no invitation approval required)
for citizens of: Philippines, Turkey, Russia, South Africa, Kazakhstan, Vietnam, Kuwait, Kenya, Qatar, Bolivia, Ukraine, Senegal, Rwanda.
Further content on this page is available only to members of our community having a Premium Account.
Log in to unlock the content or Register below for an account!