Who we are
Expat-Center Romania is an online platform that offers every day resources, efficient solutions and valuable advice to an important community of readers. Our website address is: https://expatcenter.ro/.
1. What we do
2. What information we collect and why we collect it
Expat-Center Romania may collect your information when you visit the https://expatcenter.ro website or any of its pages, or when you purchase our products or services. We process the personal that you (herein referred to as “User”) provide to us, in accordance with the Romanian Law no. 677/2001 on the protection of individuals in respect of the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data, and the Law. 506/2004 concerning the processing of personal data and privacy. Starting with 25 May 2018, the personal data provided will be processed in accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) and any regulations which will replace the Romanian Law no. 677/2001.
- Name, and contact information, such as email address, phone number, mobile telephone number, physical address, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as bank account numbers;
- transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as bidding, buying, selling, item and content you generate or that relates to your account), billing and other information you provide to purchase an item;
- personal information you provide to us through correspondence, chats, dispute resolution, or shared by you from other social applications, services or websites;
- additional personal information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity);
- information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including, but not limited to, device ID, device type, location, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information.
- Aggregate Information: Expatcenter.ro collects non-identifying, general, generic and aggregate information to better design our Web site and services.
- Non-Personal Information: Expatcenter.ro may collect non-personal information as you use Expatcenter.ro. When you use the site Expatcenter.ro, third-party service providers (e.g. Google Analytics), and partners may receive and record non-personal information from cookies, server logs, and similar technology from your browser or mobile device, including your IP address.
We may combine some Non-Personal Information with the Personal Information we collect. Where we do so, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information if the resulting combination may be used to readily identify or locate you in the same manner as Personal Information alone.
3. How do we keep and use your information
We use an international hosting provider, therefore your information may be transferred to and stored on servers in various locations, both in and outside of the European Union. Expatcenter.ro maintains control of your information. We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls.
Expatcenter.ro does not share any of your personally identifiable or transactional information with any person or entity, other than as set out in this policy. No other third party receives your personally identifiable information or other transactional data.
The information we collect is used to improve the content of our web site, used to notify Users about updates to our website and for communications, such as customer service.
Email communications: We may send you a welcome email to verify your account and other transactional emails for operational purposes, such as billing, account management, or system maintenance. You may only stop those emails by terminating your account. We may also send you promotions, product announcements, surveys, newsletters, developer updates, product evaluations, and event information or other marketing or commercial e-mails. You can opt out of receiving these email communications from Expatcenter.ro at any time by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe link within each email, updating your e-mail preferences on your Expatcenter.ro account or emailing us to have your contact information removed from our email list or registration database.
Marketing: You agree that we may use your personal information to tell you about our services and tools, deliver targeted marketing and promotional offers based on your communication preferences, and customize measure and improve our advertising. You can unsubscribe from emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in the email.
We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people or companies without your permission. We may use and share Non-Personal Information for our marketing purposes, including, without limitation, marketing on other websites. For example, we may use the information to control the number of times you have seen an ad, deliver ads tailored to your interests, and measure the effectiveness of ad campaigns. You can prevent us from tailoring our ads to you on other websites by deleting your cookies (see below).
4. Who we may share your data with
We may have to share your data with consultants providing services through our website, if and when you request for their assistance. You agree that we may share the information you provide us with, which will be used by consultants to contact you for further assistance.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Please read carefully the following information about cookies; we provide this information as we are aware of the value of identity protection and the rights of Internet users, and as we strive to be transparent and comply with the European regulations:
A cookie, also known as an HTTP cookie, web cookie, or browser cookie, is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser while the user is browsing that website. Every time the user loads the website, the browser sends the cookie back to the server to notify the website of the user’s previous activity. Cookies are completely passive, they are not software and cannot access information on the user’s hard drive. Cookies are in fact storing information in small text files, which allows the website server to recognize a certain browser – your browser. The server will recognize the browser until the cookie is deleted – any user can do this manually in their browser. Users also have the option to set their own cookie settings in their browser.
Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember information (such as items in a shopping cart) or to record the user’s browsing activity (including clicking particular buttons, logging in, or recording which pages were visited by the user as far back as months or years ago). Cookies are the core to the overall use of the Internet as they help create a friendly browsing activity and personalize browsing sessions.
Cookies are not viruses, nor codes which can be executed. They use plain text formats.
There are several types of cookies:
- Session cookies, also known as an in-memory cookie or transient cookie, which exists in temporary memory only while the user is reading and navigating the website. Web browsers normally delete session cookies when the user closes the browser.
- Persistent cookies will outlast user sessions. They are also called tracking cookies. Even if they are called persistent, a user can always delete the cookies directly from his browser.
- Persistent cookies also include third party cookies. While first – party cookies are those from the same domain as shown in the browser’s address bar when you are browsing a website, third party cookies belong to domains different from the one shown in the address bar. Websites can feature third party cookies for banner adverts, for example, such as the ones also posted on this website, which help us fund our activity. The use of such cookies help improve the efficiency of online advertising, this delivering ads with higher chances of being relevant to you. Third party cookies should also respect the current laws and the confidentiality clauses, similarly to the main domain owner.
6. Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
When visitors leave comments on the website we may collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website could download and extract any location data from images on the website.
9. What are your rights as User in relation to personal data?
- The right to be informed – it’s in your rights to know, even from the point of collection, what data is collected, how will your data be used, to whom will your data be transferred or divulged and your rights regarding your personal data.
- The right to access the personal data collected about you – you have the right to know if your personal data is being processed and to get access to the data collected.
- The right to rectification of inaccurate personal data – you have the right to change or add to it if your personal data processed is inaccurate or out-of-date.
- The right to erasure of all data stored (right to be forgotten) – you have the right to request and obtain from us the deletion of all personal data collected concerning you, without undue delay. The only exceptions to this concern the data that is used for statistical purposes, to exercise a legal obligation or to state or defend a right in a court of law.
- The right to restriction of processing of personal data – you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data for a certain period of time, without having it deleted, by sending us a request in this regard, if you need that data for establishing, exercising or defending a right in court.
- The right to data portability – you have the right to receive from us the data that you provided us and give your data to another data controller without opposition or delay.
- The right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you – for example, you have the right to unsubscribe in every newsletter we send to you and control what type of information you want to receive from us by email, and on the website you can control what information we collect about you through the cookie consent form.
- The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you, except if it is necessary for enforcing a contract between you and us, it is authorised by the European Union or the state law and which also lays down suitable measures to safeguard your or it is based on your explicit consent.
You can exercise these rights by contacting Expat-Center Romania at: email@example.com.
10. Changes to our privacy & cookies policy
Need help with the above?
No worry, we are here to guide you. Get in contact we will be happy to assist: