We have been addressed this question by our subscribers very often lately: “I receive a pension from abroad. Should I declare it in Romania? Should I expect taxation of my foreign pension in Romania?”

Therefore, we have decided to explain in this article the conditions under which income from foreign pension (i.e., received from abroad) is subject to taxation in Romania and, at the same time, the taxes that are due, if applicable, for this type of income.

According to the provisions of the Romanian Tax Code currently in force (art. 130, paragraph (1)), pension income obtained from abroad is subject to taxation in Romania for the following categories of persons:

  • individuals with Romanian citizenship and who have their tax residency in Romania,
  • foreign individuals living in Romania and who have established their tax residency in Romania, as per the Romanian tax law.

All resources from category: Taxes


Tax & Legal consultant since 2005.

Write A Comment