Are you planning to work as freelancer in Romania, or already got registered for carrying out such activities? Then, you need to know very well how this type of income is taxed, and the tax reporting obligations that you will have to comply with.

How must the income tax for a freelancer’s revenue (in romanian “persoană fizică autorizată” – PFA) be calculated? What are the social contributions that a freelancer must pay, and when do they have to be paid? What are the revenue thresholds that generate obligations of payment for Romanian social contributions? Do I have to pay health insurance contribution? What about pension fund contribution?

Find out the answers to all these questions, and all the guidance you need on income taxation for a freelancer in this article.


Tax & Legal consultant since 2005.

Write A Comment