Romanian salary calculators_tax

Calculate your taxes, fast and easily

Use the Romanian salary calculators below to determine your payable taxes on salary in Romania. Find out your net salary, the social security contributions, and determine the entire salary costs. Our salary tax calculators are useful to both employees and employers, helping in understanding how the salary taxation works in Romania.

You can use the gross-to-net salary calculator below to figure out what the net salary that someone will receive under a Romanian employment contract would be.

You just need to insert the amount of gross salary that has been contractually agreed, and the application will automatically calculate the net payable. The calculator is very useful for both employers and employees. Determine the estimated net payable salary to an employee, fast and easily.

This calculator determines the gross salary you would have to contractually agree on, starting from a net payable amount. It is useful to both employers and employees for quickly estimating the necessary values. Any party can determine the gross salary they should agree contractually, correspondent to the payable net agreed verbally.

Just introduce the net salary you have agreed upon. Starting from the net amount, the application will automatically calculate the gross remuneration and all taxes.

How much tax do I pay from my salary and how much do I get to take home?

You can find below a chart that visually shows you how much of your monthly salary is deducted and paid to each tax fund (health insurance, pension fund, income tax fund) in Romania. It also shows you the take-home earnings. The calculation takes into account a monthly gross salary of 1,000 EUR.

As you may see in this chart, out of the monthly gross salary one gets to take home 58.5%. The rest (41.5%) is being deducted and paid as taxes due to different state budget funds.

Chart by Visualizer

You can also use:

Important

The Romanian salary calculators on this page are meant to provide you with general salary calculation guidance for Romania.

They apply Romanian salary tax calculation rules applicable up to date. Nevertheless, they do not take into account all specific regulations and deduction rules (e.g., personal deductions, specific industry exemptions, etc.). Therefore, for any specific cases, please contact a tax consultant.

Did you find our salary calculators helpful?

Please share your suggestions below (under “Write a comment”) to help us improve the calculators for you. Also, let us know of other tax information you would like to find on our website, or share your own thoughts with the local expat community.

Author

Tax & Legal consultant since 2005.

Write A Comment