In this article we offer explanations about remote work in Romania and the legislative changes that have occurred recently for regulating this concept.
We also provide answers to the most important questions about remote work, or work from home rules, such as:
- What is the remote work (or work from home) concept?
- Who can benefit from remote work/work from home in Romania?
- Where can remote work be done by an employee?
- How can a Romanian employer verify the work of a remote employee?
- What are the new legislative changes, as of May 6, 2021, that employers must take into account?
- How should health and safety at work training be done by Romanian employers, in remote work conditions?
- What additional information will the remote work contract have to include, compared to a standard individual employment contract?
What is the remote work (or work from home) concept?
According to recent changes in Romanian labor law, remote work is defined in Romania as “the form of work through which the employee, regularly and voluntarily, fulfills his job position duties elsewhere than the workplace organized by the employer, using information and communication technology means”.
Full content of this article is accessible only by subscribers of the Premium account
Experience the full power of the Premium subscription, and gain access to all our Romanian life guiding and professional resources, employment guiding, tax guides, tax calculators, company setup guides, immigration guides, business news articles from Romania, business opinions, and many more.
Have online access to valuable and professional resources, anytime, anywhere!