Driving license exchange to Romanian, for Canadian citizens
Practical step-by-step and easy guide for exchange to Romanian driving license, for Canadian nationals.
IMPORTANT: Before purchasing the guide, please read the important description below, to ensure it applies for your case.
This guide for exchange to Romanian driving license is applicable to you only if you hold a Canadian driving license. If you hold a driving license issued under a different jurisdiction, we do not recommend purchasing this guide, as it may not be useful to your specific needs. Please look for for the right DIY guide on our website. If you do not find a guide specifically tailored to your situation, please feel free to contact us.
- a driving license exchange can be done only by foreign individuals living in Romania for at least 6 months, and who hold a residency permit for Romania;
- a holder of a Canadian driving license can exchange it to a Romanian one without the obligation to pass the driving exam in Romania;
- to be able to apply for the license exchange, your Canadian driving license must not have been suspended or cancelled;
- you must be at least 18 years old to obtain a Romanian driving permit for category B (normal vehicles);
- prepare yourself with loads of patience and acceptance of bureaucratic rules which may get annoying :); information that you can sometimes get from authorities related to driving regulations and driver’s license requirements may be contradictory sometimes.
If you are holder of an international driving license, you neither have to, nor can exchange it with a national one.
Having problems in purchasing this guide? Or any questions related to our DIY guides?