Great job opportunity for a qualified language expert with Romanian language. The position is for someone with experience, who can take responsibility for reviewing other translators’ work, creating a style guide and looking after terminology in the field of e-commerce/finance. Please refer to details below.
Language expert – with Romanian
Alpha, St Andrew’s House, St Andrew’s Road, Cambridge CB4 1DL, United Kingdom;
Brno, Czech Republic
Contract: Permanent, full-time
- Taking care of overall language quality for the locale
- Know-how in financial and e-commerce translation
- Maintaining term base and translation memories
- Responsibility for creating/maintaining the language-specific Style Guide
- Occasional content creation
- In-context content review
As a language expert with Romanian, in a group serving one of our major clients, you’ll be an expert in balancing both. As a linguistic and cultural expert you’ll be responsible for finding the right voice and tone and the appropriate terminology. You’ll be safeguarding the quality standards and ensure that content is exactly right for your region.
Our client delivers cutting-edge technology solutions to a global customer base. You will be the heart and soul of the client’s content creation and translation services, provide feedback, come up with ideas for improvement, and lead from the front.
You’ll be translating, reviewing, trans-creating and occasionally copy-writing for your target market. You’ll be implementing and maintaining quality assurance processes, promoting brand values at every stage. The role will involve occasional travel, working closely with internal, external and client-based teams. It wants a good communicator and client-champion, and someone who keeps up with language trends.
- Min. 5 years relevant experience in translating, reviewing, editing
- Native speaker with excellent command of target language
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Good editorial and proofreading skills
- Strong IT background/affinity
- Proficiency in CAT tools (memoQ, Smartling …)
- Comfortable working on multiple projects, able to prioritize, good time management
- Self-motivated, team player, leadership and initiative
- Excellent, highly effective communication and critical thinking skills
- Professional, can-do attitude and commitment
Salary: CZ crowns 480.000 to 560.000
Holidays: 20 days, plus 13 days CZ public holidays
Alpha has been at the forefront of the translation, localization and globalization industries since 1987, and is now a Global Top 10 Localization Provider. We’ve built an in-house production model for the world’s most demanding companies. We are now creating an international team of localization experts/translators as a dedicated group serving one of our major clients.
How to apply: